We’ve been talking to other Moms in our Northern BC Village and the consensus is that more Northern BC Moms are choosing to head East to Edmonton for family getaways, simply because it’s the best choice:
- It’s beautiful...the drive and the city are truly glorious.
- It’s affordable...you can even use your Exploration Place pass at Telus World of Science 😉
- It’s family friendly…there’s so much to see an do!
- It’s close…closer than any other “big city.”
Edmonton, the Alberta capital, is definitely our first choice travel destination. We three Northern BC Moms are all about discovering the best spots to Eat, Shop and Play, when travelling as a family. And in Edmonton, the best spot for all three has to be: Telus World of Science! Read on for info. on how to get there and our Telus World of Science Top 10 Reasons to go!
“Telus World of Science Edmonton is Out of This World”
The trip to Edmonton is breathtaking from the air, with direct flights over the Rocky Mountains, via Central Mountain Air. On the ground, enjoy a picturesque road-trip on the Yellow-head Highway (Highway 16 East) with pit stops at the Ancient Forest, in McBride, Tete Jaune and Mount Robson. Or you may take the Via Rail train and enjoy panorama views in the dome car, with an overnight in Jasper National Park. Wether you travel by plane, train or automobile, it’s the most affordable option. That’s because it’s actually closer to Northern BC, than any other big city, by any mode of transport, period.
Northern BC Moms’ Top 10 Reasons to visit Telus World of Science Edmonton:
1. From the Garage: Express your inner Einstein with science experiments at the new Science Garage.
2. To the Earth: Discover natural history with the Nature Exchange.
3. And the Air: Get schooled on the environment in the SYNCRUDE Environment Gallery.
4. To the Sky: Catch an “out of this world” laser show (Sky Tours, Aurorae, Legends of the Northern Sky and more). All this at the Zeilder Dome, a 10K planetarium experience.
5. Reach for the Stars: Explore the Stars, Planets, Astronauts, Comets, Etcetera (extraterrestrials if you will) at the S.P.A.C.E Gallery or view the stars and planets up close at the RASC Observatory.
6. To Infinity: Sit back, relax, and have your mind blown with an IMAX movie experience! The whole family will love a family movie date this big (Backyard Wilderness, The Great Bear Rainforest, Back from the Brink).
7. And Beyond: Tap into your inner child and share fandom with your little superheroes! Check out the Marvel Universe of Superheroes exhibit (for a limited time only)! Boasting over 300 artifacts, many soundscapes and interactive displays. You can even get a selfie with your favourite superhero!
8. Eat: Refuel, refresh and revive the entire family at the Purple Pear Restaurant. Or get something you can grab and go, to sustain those kiddos who are always go go go.
9. Play: Let them shake their sillies out at Curiocity: a children’s play-space of iconic Edmonton landmarks.
10. Shop: Get your souvenirs at the Gift Shop! Stock up on activities for the trip home or get a stuffy for the next birthday in your family. They’ve truly got the coolest educational toys and gifts right here!
If you’re lucky enough to live in the area, the Telus World of Science in Edmonton, also hosts a variety of group visits: from field trips, and camps, to birthday parties, private events and even weddings under the stars! Seriously what’s not to love? For a SUPER visit to Edmonton, make sure Telus World of Science is at the top of your list.
Will you be road-tripping to Edmonton? Don’t miss our next post: Highway 16 East Prince George to Edmonton, for all the Northern BC Moms’ favourite pit stops along the way to Eat, Shop and Play!
Kate of Northern BC Moms