Unless you are still actively engaged in your favourite sport or other activity, it’s hard to know what’s available in Prince George to sign up your preschooler. We’ve rounded up all the programs we can find for kids under 5 in Prince George.
Some of these programs have a variety of different options in regards to the amount of parent involvement required. Call & ask questions before you sign up to better understand the programming. You can also look to your local community association for more programs.
Registered Activities for Young Kids in Prince George
- Two Rivers Art Gallery offers both parent involved and morning off art programs for kids aged 2-4.
- Little Artists drop in program at the Northern YMCA.
- Rhthym, Rythm and Song Class for kids under 3 with the Prince George Conservatory of Music.
- Music Lessons with Erika Callewaert Music.
- Dance Your Heart Out offers classes starting for toddlers (little bear feet) and Melody Movement and Jazz Hop for preschoolers.
- Excalibur Theatre Arts offers classes starting at 3 years in Ballet & Hip Hop.
- Judy Russell’s Enchainment Dance Centre offers classes starting at 3 in Ballet/Tap.
- Turning Pointe offers classes starting at 2 in Bouncing Tot and Ballet at 3.
- Jazz Dance for kids aged 4-5 at the Columbus Centre by the College Heights Association.
- Parent & Tot and Kindergym programs available at Prince George Gymnastics.
- Stay posted for more information regarding the 2018 – 2019 indoor soccer program.
- Indoor Soccer at Southridge Elementary for kids 4-6.
- Family Taekwon-Do offers classes for 3-5-year-olds.
- Freedom Tai Kwon-Do offers classes starting at 4-6 years old.
- Prince George Judo Club offers classes starting at 4 – 6 years old.
- Kaiten MMA begins at age 5.
- Karate classes available for Juniors in College Heights.
- OVERHang offers a Spider Monkey’s program for kids aged 3-6.
- Pre-CanScakte with the Prince George Figure Skating Club for kids aged 3-5.
- Four Seasons & Aquatic Centre offer public swimming lessons options for kids of all ages. Find out more here.
- Caledonia Nordic offers BunnyTots programs for kids aged 3, and Bunnies for 4-5 year olds.
- Hart Snow School at the Hart Ski Hill starts lessons at 3+ years.
- Prince George Ski Club offers entry-level programming at age 5.
- YMCA Offers drop-in programs for kids starting at age 3. Learn more here.
- Crossfit Northern Ice offers a movement based class for 3-6-year-olds to engage in physical activity.
- College Heights Community Association.
- Pee Wee Gym at Southridge Elementary for 1-5 years (parent participation)
- West Bowl Community Association
- Indoor Gym time at Heritage Elementary for kids aged 0-6.
- Free Forest School Coming Soon.
Know of another registered activity for kids aged 0-5? Drop us a comment.
Where can you buy the gear?
When it comes to programming for preschoolers and young children, you can usually get away without the fancy stuff. It’s just comfortable clothing and basics.
But sometimes you do need something a little extra. Here are a few local shops to find gear in Prince George.
- Koops Bike Shop carries boys and girls skate down to a size 8, as well as skating and gymnastics wear in size 4-6.
- Judy Russell Dance Studio
- Excalibur Dance Studio
- Prince George Gymnastics Club.
- North Shore Ice Sports
Let us know where else you can buy gear in the comments.