I’m planning my daughter’s third birthday party in Prince George. I can’t believe she’s going to be three. My daughter is the same but different as my older son. She is fierce and wild, but quiet and curious. Over the years, we’ve attended many birthday parties and hosted a few of our own, but this year feels like the beginning of something different and more unique to her and her soul.
For her first birthday, we hosted an outdoor sledding party in our front yard. We dug it out and created a slide for the kids to use that safely slid into the front yard. For her second birthday party, we hosted with four other friends, one big ol’ birthday part at the South Fort George Resource Centre. But, for her third birthday, I’m looking for something a little more intimate for her to invite just her “best friends.” Spoiler, we’ll probably host something just at home.
The quest for the perfect birthday party venue in Prince George has begun, and I’m going to share my research with you. If you know of other really cool venues to host a party, let us know in the comments below.
Where to host a Kids Birthday Party in Prince George
- Exploration Place – this two hour party is a fan favourite with preschoolers who might be curious to see the animals up-close, run around with their friends, and enjoy cake in the private party room. Choose from your choice of theme parties including Critter, Outer Limits, and a seasonal Train experience.
- Central BC Railway & Forestry Museum – this 1.5 hour party includes a train ride on the Cottonwood Express, lunch, games, and admission to the Museum. The Train museum is an outdoor venue with many new and exciting places to explore.
- Two Rivers Art Gallery – Kids aged 5-12 will find creativity and fun at the Art Gallery with two hours of DIY face painting, hat making, and party room.
- Prince George Humane Society – kids aged 4-12 will enjoy a tour of the shelter, games and activities, as well as a pizza party afterwards at the Humane Society.
- Gymnastics Centre – Prince George Gymnastic can host your next party. Kids of all ages will enjoy an hour on the floor with a coach and an hour in the party room.
- Aquatic Centre Birthday – kids aged 3 – 12 can enjoy the Aquatic Centre of Four Seasons Leisure Pool birthday party. Unlimited swim time is accompanied by half hour in-water games and 2.5 hours in a party room for cake and gifts.
- Rec Room @ YMCA of Northern BC – Sunday birthday parties can be hosted at local YMCA building with 14 friends and access to the games in the gym, rock climbing, and more. Book in person at Member services.
- Northern Sport Centre @UNBC – Celebrate at the sport centre with an hour of exclusive activity time on the field or gym, along with birthday party staff and a party room.
Other ideas, maybe for the older kids in your life.
Just need a cool venue? Without all the thrills, but more than a gym?
- Black Diamond Lanes
- Strike Zone
- McDonalds (Hart Location)
- Cineplex – Party Packages available, but no party room.
Looking to do it yourself? Birthday Party Venues in Prince George
Maybe you don’t want the hustle and bustle of a planned birthday with a $200 cost. Check out these venues for rentals for your next party. But hurry, Prince George has limited indoor and outdoor venues. Many book up fast.
- South Fort George Resource Centre – for just $25/hour, with a minimum 2 hour booking, the gym at the South Fort George Resource Centre can be yours. You have access to a small kitchen, tables, and plenty of toys for kids aged 2-7. Drop in (or call) the Resource Centre to reserve your date, deposit required.
- Prince George Roll-A-Dome – this indoor rolling rink is a hit for those looking for a bigger family-friendly venue. Call for bookings and rates (estimated at $150 for 2 hours).
- Connaught Youth Centre – the gym space is available for rentals.
- Cedars Christian School – this local private school has rental bookings available. The small school gym, and entrance way provide way for space for hosting. No food in the gym, and limited school equipment available.
- City Parks – Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park pavilion is available to be rented, or used on first come first serve basis. Other parks follow similar protocol, but check out the city website for complete information.