Hello Summer. It’s time to get our groove on and that means hitting up all of the amazing local events with the family. We’re wrapping up 6 Family Friendly Community Events Around Prince George this Summer you can’t miss this year!
This post was originally published on SimplyMomBailey and has been updated for Northern BC Moms.
6 Family Friendly Community Events in & around Prince George
- BMO Kidz Art Dayz, Prince George, British Columbia – July 6 & 7, 2018
- Hosted by the Two Rivers Art Gallery in Prince George, the BMO KidzArt Dayz is not to be missed and the ultimate Family Friendly Community Events Around Prince George this summer. From toddlers to young children, there’s something for everyone whether its creating spiral art or building your rocket. This FREE community event is hosted downtown Prince George.
- Kids Day at Billy Barker Days in Quesnel, British Columbia – July 20, 2018
- In its own right, Billy Barker Days is a fun filled week of excitement and community participation for Quesnel, BC. Kids Day is a highlight for families of all ages and stages. Hosted in LeBourdais Park in downtown Quesnel, you can expect to find entertainment, activities and crafts.
- Kids Carnival at Humblestead, Prince George, British Columbia – July 21, 2018.
- Go back in time with some historical family fun at Huble Homestead North of Prince George. This quaint homestead property, about 5-10 minutes off the highway and along the river, offers a variety of fun and games during their annual Kids Carnival. You might find yourself having an ol’ fashion sack race, creating crafts, or churning your own ice cream.
- Summerfest, Prince George, British Columbia – July 15, 2018
- This relatively new community event, Summerfest offers wide array of vendors and kid activities. It’s unfortunate it all happens the same weekend as Kids Carnival and Billy Barker Days and the only year I attended this event it poured rain. Expect to find a great kids area.
- Caledonia Days at Fort St. James National Historic Site – August 25, 2018
- Do you like chicken races? The chickens race most days, but on Caledonia Days you get to experience some of the best Fort St. James National Historic Site has to offer. Located on beautiful Stuart Lake, this historic site never fails to impress families and adults alike with a stellar celebration and Caledonia Days is one I’ve marked on my calendar because I can’t pass up pie.
- Williams Creek Sports Day at Barkerville National Historic Site – September 2, 2018
- End the summer at Barkerville National Historic Site with the ever enjoyable Williams Creek Sports Day. Participate in your favourite event and games during this fun filled afternoon with the family.
Is your favourite Family Friendly Community Events Around Prince George missing?
Let us know in the comments what we should add! Can’t wait to see you around town this summer.